LinkedIn should be a large focus of your social media strategy
The unstoppable rise of social media. It permeates much of what we do and for most, how we consume media. And it’s terribly useful for businesses. Companies can easily market their goods and services through online channels: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram; take your pick depending on your strategy. But which specific social media channels are you focusing your time on in 2019?
In this blog, we lay out 5 reasons why LinkedIn should be a cornerstone of your B2B social media strategy, especially when you are looking to take a global approach to your business. So without further ado, here are 5 reasons why LinkedIn is key for a global B2B marketing approach:
1. LinkedIn now has over 500 million users. According to Business Insider Intelligence LinkedIn officially crossed the half a billion mark globally in 2017. That’s a huge number of people across the world ready to discover your company, consume your content and buy your good or service.
2. 61 million LinkedIn users are senior-level influencers and 40 million are in decision-making positions. These statistics are from LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions Blog and show why LinkedIn is a B2B gold mine. If you’re trying to reach senior-level executives then it’s the best social media platform to do so worldwide.
3. LinkedIn is the most-used social media platform amongst Fortune 500 companies. This fact is also from LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions Blog. If you are looking to target top decision-makers or executives at the top companies then you should focus on LinkedIn. As these people are spending the majority of their social media time there.
4. Of LinkedIn’s total user base, only 3 million of them share content weekly. This hovers just above 1% of the monthly active users (250 million). This presents a large opportunity for global companies looking to market their brand. Especially when you consider that these 3 million users share 9 billion content impressions each week. That’s one hell of a pie to get your hands on.
5. LinkedIn makes up more than 50% of all social traffic to B2B websites and blogs globally. This is higher than any other social network. It again shows why LinkedIn is a B2B content gold mine.
If you need help with your LinkedIn page or LinkedIn strategy, please feel free to contact us.